The Wholesale Control Office is a global team responsible for creating and maintaining the Front Office Supervision and the regulatory control frameworks for Global Markets and Investment Banking, and being the key operational risk and control function for Wholesale.
The role will be part of the Regulatory Control function within WCO, and will involve building and maintaining the regulatory control frameworks in Global Markets and Investment Banking for global regulations. The role will be based in London, and the individual will have a reporting line into the Head of the WCO Regulatory Control function in London.
Candidates will have a good understanding of the regulatory environment, including Dodd Frank, MiFID, EMIR, SMCR, as well as strong senior stakeholder management skills.
Role responsibilities include:
- Support the development of the regulatory control framework by working closely with GM and other Corporate functions including Compliance, Legal and Operations
- Project management defining, tracking and managing delivery of milestones within defined timelines, or timely escalation if delivery dates at risk for regulatory implementation
- Reviewing regulatory requirements and designing and implementing controls, seeking appropriate SME input and management approval and signoff
- Reviewing and understanding relevant MI, working with Business individuals to understand exceptions, escalating to GM Management and/or Compliance when necessary
- Working closely with GM Control Office to identify opportunities to embed regulatory controls into supervision frameworks; provide input into supervision policies, guidelines, and handbook
- Create presentations for GM Control Office to deliver to various GM committees and other senior management meetings
- Facilitate meetings, including taking of minutes, recording any actions resulting from the meeting and tracking progress
- Creation and maintenance of Global Markets policies and/or procedures
- Creating and delivering training to Front Office on Wholesale owned regulations and controls