A great opportunity to join this market leading team.
The London-based Structured Finance team is the front office origination and execution team covering Infrastructure and Energy financings across the UK, Republic of Ireland and Nordic region for lending, and covering a broader region for financing advisory projects.
The London based business is a market leader for these regions
The combined European business is a true market leader, with top positions by volume / number of deals in both lending and debt advisory in Europe.
The UK team has 19 individuals, and the new hire will compliment these existing resources.
Taking a leading role on the debt advisory segment of the business. Also with regards to underwriting and lending projects. This includes strategic planning, selling, marketing, personnel management, client relationship management, and vendor/partner management, as well as oversight of professional services activities.
- Contribute to idea generation by understanding client needs and objectives, pitching opportunities to them working jointly with the team head and other areas of CIB such as Debt Capital Markets, Ratings Advisory and Risk Solutions
- In advisory work, act as a facilitator between the client and different lending platforms / solutions such as Banks, Debt Funds, Pensions Funds etc. to enable them to source find the most adequate and competitive sources of funding.
- Lead the execution of new and existing mandates, across both lending and debt advisory.
- For advisory, lead in the structuring and placement of debt financing, to include leading an advisory team in preparation of a financial model, interfacing with due diligence providers and lawyers, preparation of marketing materials (teaser, IM etc), and managing the coordination of the process.
- For lending work, lead a team in reviewing diligence materials, model and documentation, negotiate terms with our client or their advisors, and present the transaction to internal credit and pricing committees.
- Build strong and long lasting relationships with key clients at senior executive level. Keep abreast of the current issues and challenges facing our clients in the energy and infrastructure sector. Understand current and future client needs in the context of market dynamics and apply insights to recommend short and / or long term solutions and services.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing more junior members of staff, providing constructive feedback on a formal and informal basis.
- Will emphasize and actively promote teamwork and team spirit to enhance both quality of product delivery and team earnings
- Reporting to Head of Structured Finance in London