This role will be overseeing a team of writers who are charged with responding to firm and product level questions within RFPs, RFIs, and DDQs. The expectation is that this manager will act as player-coach, having both people management responsibility as well as direct responsibility for completing questionnaires.
The submittal of well-written questionnaires is often a critical step in the institutional sales and client reporting processes. To that end, the dedicated Questionnaires Team within Client Reporting Services is responsible for the development of high-quality RFPs (Requests for Proposals), RFIs (Requests for Information), DDQs (Due Diligence Questionnaires), and other ad hoc questionnaires/deliverables that 1) assist in the procurement of new business; 2) meet the complex reporting requirements of current clients; and 3) accurately, clearly, and articulately describe the firm and its investment solutions.
For this position, we are open and committed to discussing flexible working.
- Recruiting, training, and developing writers
- Evaluating, triaging, and allocating questionnaires across the team, working with the other global team leads and managers as appropriate
- Ensuring that best practices, consistency, and compliance with regulatory standards are implemented across the team
- Writing, coordinating, editing, and proofreading firm-level responses to questionnaires, working with subject matter experts across the firm
- Developing an expertise across the many facets of firm-level content (e.g., trading, compliance, operational risk, etc.) to effectively craft and enhance responses
- Partnering with Investment Products & Strategies to create, edit, and refine product-related questionnaires content; this includes, but may not be limited to, developing original content for new product text as well as proposing modifications to current product text
- Maintaining up-to-date product content in Qvidian (internal content library)
- Peer reviewing questionnaires and other deliverables completed by the team as needed to ensure response accuracy, data reasonability, etc.
- Contributing to various global/local projects and working groups
- Willingness to absorb overflow questionnaires and other work during peak periods
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Substantial management and RFP writing experience in the investment industry
- Strong academic credentials
- Candidates should demonstrate a high level of capital markets/investment/product knowledge, particularly in the equity and/or fixed income asset class. An MBA or CFA, or progress toward these qualifications, is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of innovation, change management, creativity, efficiency, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a changing and collaborative global environment
- Excellent investment writing, quantitative, and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- The individual must be an independent self-starter, a team player, and able to work on multiple assignments and complete high-quality work against strict and competing deadlines that are dictated by prospects, consultants, and clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with Qvidian will be viewed favorably
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential