Our client is a boutique investment manager, they are looking for a part-time HR Director. This is a newly created position and this person will be working three days a week and will have an HR Manager reporting in.
The HR Director will contribute to the effective governance of the organisation and play an active role in committees, offering constructive challenge and support.
They will also help to ensure that a strong governance culture is embedded within the company, that issues are escalated and cascaded appropriately and that key risks are identified, discussed and mitigated.
Candidates will have previous experience of working in a small to medium sized investment management or asset management organisation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advise on complex HR issues; recruitment, disputes and compensation
- Oversight of all recruitment and onboarding
- Manage the staff benefit schemes
- Oversee the competency assessment process (initial 3 month reviews and SMCR)
- Work with line managers to identify training requirements and development needs
- Support the succession planning process; identifying development areas and suitable training
- Work with Compliance to understand regulatory training needs and help identify solutions
- Chair the bi-annual training meeting and provide the supporting pack; including the training matrix
- Review all mid-year and end of year appraisals; providing advice to line managers
- Identify courses, reading material and CPD opportunities for the Investment Team
- Maintain the staff handbook and recruitment policy