Our client is a global advisory consultancy, they are seeking an experienced Tax Lawyer to join their in-house Tax team on a part-time basis.
You will work within a team of dedicated HMRC investigation specialists, alongside other consultants, informing and leading HMRC dispute resolution strategies on behalf of the firm’s clients.
You will act as lead counsel in tax advisory and consulting work relating to HMRC disputes, investigations and enquiries particularly within innovation incentives and corporation tax matters.
- 6+ years’ PQE (ideally)
- Experience of tax issues impacting consultancies
- Knowledge of UK corporation tax law
- A strong background in corporation tax, including dealing with HMRC or UK tax tribunals or higher law courts
- Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail
- Knowledge of UK R&D tax relief scheme would be preferable but other expertise will be considered.