This is a senior banker/leadership role within the Sustainable Financing division of Debt Capital Markets (DCM), based in London. Providing strategic advice to all types of DCM clients on the structuring and issuance of green/social/sustainability bonds, as well the broader sustainable financing agenda.
The role is based in London and has an EMEA remit, while also supporting clients in other jurisdictions, where needed. The successful candidate will lead a small team.
Management: Lead the Sustainable Bonds business within EMEA, responding to market developments and positioning the bank to take advantage of market opportunities
Operations: Manage the implementation of all Sustainable Finance operational plans and priorities for Debt Capital Markets, to drive delivery of the agreed strategy
Commercial: Managing strong commercial goals and objectives at regional and global level; contributing to the development of strategies to achieve them
Proposition: Manage the implementation of Sustainable Bonds customer propositions and products and ensure that they are aligned with wider DCM/Capital Markets strategy
Skills and Experience Required:
- 8+ years of experience within Capital Markets, Sustainability or Responsible Investment, including extensive experience with clients
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of market, investor and/or regulatory developments in sustainable finance
- Interest in sustainability issues and the impact of investment upon them
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Strong understanding of climate-related risks, including the recommendations of the TCFD
- Language skills (French, Spanish, or German) helpful