This role is responsible for the creation, maintenance and execution of the Markets Europe strategy in collaboration with the bank’s head office Markets and leadership team.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, develop and oversee creation and implementation of strategic and tactical plans for the business within agreed risk parameters.
- Prioritising product opportunities and initiatives, maintaining pipeline and product initiatives whilst consistently supporting the right risk culture, values and behaviours through setting the right tone, leading by example, focusing on risk accountability and ensuring effective challenge.
- Foster ESG/Green capabilities and ‘bank for sustainability’ ambition and demonstrate contribution towards community activities.
- Create and manage people initiatives to create a culture of recognition and reward for key talent.
- Build out and ensure success of Hybrid Working environment for London
- Work with Heads of Sales and Trading to ensure ongoing execution of strategy for future growth and profitability with existing and potential new counterparties.
- Work with Head of Sales to develop and execute processes around “core client” management and client on-boarding and off boarding.
- Manage and if appropriate, escalate any problems, issues or risks which could potentially have a significantly negative impact on any aspect of business operations, financial position or the level and quality of service provided to customers.
Proven experience in similar roles is required, developing strategy (across products or business units), and the ability to work under pressure demonstrating flexibility and initiative. This person will be driving execution and building strong, respectful and trusted working relationships across all levels of the organisation.