The Group Data Office plays a key role in defining and implementing our client’s data strategy, driving transformational change through data capabilities, enforcing data governance for both transformation benefit and regulatory compliance
The Data Catalogue Manager will work with Group Data Office / Data Management Technology data capability leads, as well as Business and Corporate SMEs, to improve the collection, organisation, access and enrichment of technical, business and operational metadata in the firm’s enterprise data catalogue.
Extensive experience in implementing enterprise data catalogues and operationalizing metadata management is required for this role.
The Data Catalogue Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the enterprise data catalogue and metadata management operating model are continuously enhanced to support data discovery and governance, and will have hands-on design contribution and operational management of the following:
- Improve enterprise data catalogues search and discover functionalities
- Perform technical metadata harvesting from a variety of data sources (on-premise and Cloud)
- Engage with SMEs to manage and contribute business knowledge for metadata curation (business glossary, tags, associations, user-defined annotations, classifications, etc)
- Automate manual tasks in relation to collected metadata, leveraging machine learning techniques where possible
- Secure access to the enterprise data catalogue in line with the firm’s access and entitlement policies