This role sits on the desk with the sales and trading team and produces research, analysis, and market commentary across the European convertible bond market.
Candidates will ideally have experience within credit research or as a desk analyst, or come from an investment banking or leveraged finance background with a desire to move into public markets.
No previous experience with convertible bonds is required, but they will require an understanding of fundamental credit analysis, equity valuation, and securities analysis. It would suit an analyst with either prior credit or equity experience, but a deep understanding of credit is imperative.
- Produce fundamentally-derived long/short trade ideas for internal and external use
- Work closely with both trading and sales teams to pitch trade ideas to institutional clients
- Product timely, actionable marketing material for distribution to institutional clients
- Develop a broad network across the buy side
- Support the traders in monitoring single-name credit exposure and internal book risk including providing fundamental shadow ratings of unrated credits
- Provide ad hoc data, research, and analysis as requested by the desk and its clients, which may entail data analytics, charting, and PowerPoint presentations
- Monitor and maintain valuation model input data with support from data analysts
- Manage a small remote/offshore team of two