The successful candidate will be a member of the Fund Legal team. They will primarily be responsible for structuring, negotiating and closing of investors into several pooled funds, co-investment funds, segregated mandates, and similar vehicles. The role includes involvement in associated matters such as leverage and carried interest arrangements with a deep level of interaction with stakeholders across the group.
- Managing external counsel and the delivery of LPAs, subscription agreements, management agreements and other contractual arrangements ahead of a fund launch and then leading negotiations over side letters and closing investors throughout fundraise periods.
- Advising on fund formations in conjunction with the internal tax team and external counsel, taking the lead on certain funds and acting in in support of more senior team members on other matters.
- Negotiating with potential investors, contributing to new product approval processes and drafting of PPMs.
- Acting as an internal point of contact for Marketing & Client Relations staff and portfolio managers and as a general point of contact for inbound questions on particular strategies.
- 3-5 years PQE as a funds lawyer, in practice or in-house
- Experience of real estate and private equity/debt funds is highly preferable.